Monday, August 12, 2013

Lasts

It's been a while since the last update so here's the latest: We've left Alabama and we're in Tennessee! Whew! What a journey it's been so far! There have been so many "lasts" and there are more to come, but we wanted to record a few of our "lasts" in Dothan:

Our last Sunday to worship with our First Presbyterian family. I (Kim) tried to soak in every part of the order of worship: the call, the prayer, the songs, the scripture reading. It was special. My heart was lifted as I worshipped and felt the unmerited favor of my heavenly Father. We have received exceedingly more than we have given, and yet we were thanked over and over and over again. We snapped a quick picture upfront before we left:

Our last drive by the old house. It was the first time we'd done this since moving out and we all (even the girls!) oohed and ahhed over how nice it still looked.


Kim's last day of work. The office threw a luncheon party for me and it was such a memorable last time with them. My job has been a gift in many ways to me and to our family these past 6.5 years!
Meg eating corn-on-the-cob in the restaurant last year!

Our last family lunch at the church. Not many wives get to eat frequent lunches with her husband, and I have done it countless times - what a gift! Add to that the wonderful company of Robert's coworkers and the chance to get out of the house with the girls, and you can understand why we were there A LOT!


Our last Thursday night college meeting. We've known several of these students since they were 7th graders!! We had a neat time of prayer for each person there.

Robert's last Ultimate Frisbee Friday at Westgate Park. He's spent just about every Friday at 4pm there for the past 5 years. He will miss this time greatly running around rain or shine, secretly hoping to get a tan.

Our last Sunday night youth group meeting. Robert gave a passionate charge to the students (and to me!) and we all shared ways we were grateful for God's working in our personal lives and youth group over these past few years. It was the last time our wonderful friend Mrs. Jennifer helped me with the girls so I could be with the youth - what a GIFT she has been!

Many last luncheons and dinners and coffees and playdates with friends.

And many, many last goodbyes.

I know we'll look back on our time in Dothan as some of the sweetest years of our lives. And I probably shouldn't call all these things "last" because there may be even more memories here one day - we certainly hope to visit! As we drove away, it truly felt like the end of something so unique and special. We look forward to the journey ahead stronger for the time spent at home in Dothan.

1 comment:

  1. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Are you ready for visitors yet? ;) I love yall so much. What a blessing all of you (Ellie and Meg too!) have been to Dothan. I still remember the first time meeting you and Robert- Robert running out my front door and grabbing my volleyball bags and all I could think was "who the heck is this person??" Thanks for allowing the Lord to use you both in Dothan! You certainly have been two of the most influential people in my life. XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    SS (well, ST!!)

    ReplyDelete